Thursday 26 January 2012

Ex.1 Telling a Story in five pictures


The first exercise in the course was to tell a well-known story in five pictures. I chose Cinderella. Things I noticed when doing the exercise:
1) Breaking it down into five images meant that each image had to say quite a lot. Especially about relationships. I made notes on what were the key aspects of the story that needed to go in. There were aspects that I wanted to put in, but it made the pictures too cramped, so I had to leave them out.
2) Because my drawings are so atrocious, I had to find some way to maintain consistency across the five images. So, Cinderella wore a red dress in every scene.
3) The angle that I chose for the pictures is the same in each one. I only realised this afterwards.

2 comments:

  1. All of the posts I've looked at so far have been really good in the way the story is presented. As we were told to use a well known story, it is easy to leave things out for the viewer to add in from memory. This is second Cinderella story I've seen, the other one included the pumpkin and the mice but less about the ball. I still identified the story easily though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Richard! I know, I found it hard to decide what to put in and what to leave out - it would have been good to put in the pumpkin, but I found it hard to squeeze things in, while making it clear what was going on.

      Delete